Laser therapy in dentistry offers patients a more comfortable and efficient dental treatment experience. With the use of lasers, dentists can deliver precise treatments that are less invasive, quicker, and yield more impressive results.
BENEFITS OF LASER THERAPY Undergoing laser therapy dental treatment comes with several advantages, including:
- Reduced Need for Anesthesia: Many laser treatments do not require the use of anesthesia, leading to a more pleasant experience for patients.
- Faster Recovery: Compared to traditional treatment methods, laser therapies typically have quicker recovery times.
- Enhanced Comfort: Laser treatments are more comfortable for patients, minimizing discomfort during and after the procedure.
- Minimized Risk of Infection: The precision of laser treatments reduces the potential for bacterial infection, ensuring a safer treatment process.
WHAT CAN LASERS DO? Laser dentistry offers a wide range of applications that benefit both patients and dental professionals. Some of the common uses include:
- Treating Lesions: Lasers can effectively treat lesions in the mouth, such as cold sores and canker sores. The treatment inactivates the lesion, promoting more efficient healing and even reducing the recurrence of cold sores with repeated treatments.
- Desensitizing Teeth: Diode laser procedures are useful for desensitizing teeth, providing relief for patients with sensitive teeth. By altering the fluid in dentinal tubules, lasers reduce the sensitivity caused by cold and hot stimuli.
- Laser Bacterial Reduction (LBR): This procedure targets and reduces bacteria in the mouth. It is performed before teeth cleaning to reduce the risk of bacteremia, where bacteria enter the bloodstream during the cleaning process.
- Laser Decontamination (LD): Also known as Laser-Assisted Periodontal Therapy (LAPT), LD reduces bacteria in deeper pockets, promoting healthier gum pockets and stimulating fibroblasts and collagen fibers.
- Photobiomodulation (PBM): PBM uses lasers to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and accelerate the healing process. It is effective for patients who have undergone extractions, oral surgeries, or have oral wounds that require healing.
PBM stimulates tissue and helps it heal faster, reduces swelling, and offers relief for TMJ pain, nausea, gag reflex, and dry mouth.
To learn more about laser dentistry and how you can benefit from laser treatments, please contact our practice and schedule an appointment. Our experienced dental team will be happy to discuss the various applications of laser dentistry and recommend the most suitable treatment for your unique dental needs. Experience the advantages of laser dentistry and enjoy a more comfortable and efficient dental care experience.